- In the first instance, please just be friendly to me – smile at me and speak to me.
- Please could you invite me to go with you to a Church event?
- I would love to help in the church. Is there a job you think I could do?
- It would be great if you could arrange to meet me sometimes outside Church.
- Please ask me what my needs are and also ask my carer, but ask me first.
- Please talk to my carer about their needs.
- It would be helpful if I had a ‘buddy’ in the Church.
- It can help me when pictures and other visual aids are used.
- The use of standard icons on a screen can help me to know what is happening next.
- There are many different technological aids available. Please ask what I use out of Church and explore the possibilities of use in Church.
- It is good if someone in the Church can take on a role to help and advise others – but everyone can be my friend.
- Perhaps you could arrange training, so that people could better understand the challenges I might face and how best to help me, whilst still remembering that everyone is different. Please ask if I can help in preparing and delivering the training.
- Please invite me to share my gifts, stories and hospitality and not leave me to always be the recipient.
- Please pray for me – and not just about my disability. I will likely be seeking prayer for the same sort of issues as face us all.
For more information:
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0131 225 2577 and ask for Congregational Learning in the Mission and Discipleship Council