The Scottish Churches Disability Group is a registered charity which promotes the full inclusion of people with any form of disability or impairment in the worship and community life of all Christian churches in Scotland.
We believe that:
- churches are for everyone, regardless of disability;
- churches fulfil their mission only when everyone can access worship and church life;
- churches need everyone’s talents – including those of people with disabilities.
The charity is governed by an Executive Committee which currently consists of five office-bearers and five ordinary members. SCDG’s autumn meeting incorporates the AGM.
The charity has two objectives:
- To promote the inclusion of disabled people within all Christian churches in Scotland, enabling people with any kind of impairment to reach their fullest potential in participation at all levels of church life.
- To work with Christian churches in Scotland to promote the inclusion of all disabled people.